6th April 2007:
- Removal of the maximum age limit (currently 70) for directors of PLCs
- Directors will no longer need to provide details of their interests in shares or debentures of the company or its group. The result is that Companies House will no longer accept Form 325 (Location of Register of director’s interests in shares), or Form 325a (Notice for inspection of a register of directors interests in shares kept in a non-legible format).
- There will no longer be a statutory annual report by the Secretary of State to Parliament (the ‘Companies In’ report) but BERR will continue to produce the information.
- Directors will not be required to disclose their interests in shares in the Directors report of the Annual Accounts for reports signed on or after 6 April.
- Takeover forms will be replaced with forms that align with the clauses of the new Act: 429(4) Notice of non-assenting shareholders will become Form 980(1); 429dec Statutory Declaration relating to a Notice to non-assenting shares will become Form 980(dec); 430A Notice to non-assenting shareholders will become Form 984
Click here for the commencement timetable.