The information available on this site is not intended to be comprehensive, and many details which may be relevant to particular circumstances have been omitted. Accordingly it should not be regarded as being a complete source of company law and information, and readers are advised to seek independent professional advice before acting on anything contained herein. Companies House cannot take any responsibility for the consequences of errors or omissions.
Notes for Users of Company Search or Disqualified Directors Search
The information available here is an extract from the Register of Companies / Register of Disqualified Directors which are updated on a regular basis. This may mean that occasional inaccuracies occur which we correct as soon as they are drawn to our attention. If you spot something which you think might be wrong, let us know so we can, if necessary, correct the database.
Company Information Supplied by Companies House
Companies House is a registry of company information. We carry out basic checks to make sure that documents have been fully completed and signed, but we do not have the statutory power or capability to verify the accuracy of the information that companies send to us. We accept all information that companies deliver to us in good faith and place it on the public record. The fact that the information has been placed on the public record should not be taken to indicate that Companies House has verified or validated it in any way.
When Companies House examines accounts it only makes basic checks on them, for example to ensure that the appropriate documents are there, that they are for the correct financial year and that they have been signed. If, subsequently, we receive a complaint that the accounts do not comply with the Companies Acts in some way we have a duty to draw this to the company’s attention and, if appropriate, to ask for a set of revised accounts which do comply with the requirements.
Links to external websites
It is our policy to obtain permission to link to other websites. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
Companies House through the Joint Registration Service will act as agents for HMRC and provide an optional service whereby when a person registers a new company, a facility will be offered so that person can also register the company for Corporation Tax. Once incorporation at Companies House has been accepted the Corporation Tax information will be sent to HMRC and will not be retained by Companies House.
The Companies House Executive Agency website does not store or capture personal information, but merely logs the user's IP address (Internet Protocol: standard allowing data to be transmitted between two devices) which is automatically recognised by the web server.
If you register to receive updates, or order or purchase materials, your information will be held on a secure server and the data will not be shared with any organisations outside Government. It will be used only to provide you with any electronic products you have ordered, email updates on the topics you have requested, or postal information if you request that service. If you respond online to a consultation exercise your data will only be used to facilitate the analysis of responses.
This privacy statement only covers our website at www.companieshouse.gov.uk and sub-sites of this domain. This privacy statement does not cover other websites linked to from this domain.
Companies House Executive Agency may use information it holds to prevent and detect fraud. We may also share such information, for the same purpose, with other organisations that handle public funds.
If you have any queries please contact the Companies House Contact Centre on +44 (0)303 1234 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Companies House searchable databases are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of users wishing to interrogate our information on-line.
Due to limitations of equipment and bandwidth, they are not intended to be a source for bulk downloads.
Individuals, companies, IP addresses or blocks of IP addresses who deny or degrade service to other users by generating unusually high numbers of daily database accesses, whether generated manually or in an automated fashion, may be denied access to these services without notice.
Companies House Service (the Service): service user information
This guidance contains important information for users of the Service.
- In this guidance, Companies House means the registrar of companies for England and Wales; the registrar of companies for Scotland and/or the registrar of companies for Northern Ireland as the circumstances require; the Companies House Service (the Service) means the on-line facility provided by Companies House through its website for the purposes of delivering, accessing and obtaining information in electronic form; and a Presenter means a person who is authorised to and wishes to deliver a document for filing at Companies House.
- A Presenter who wishes to use the Service must register using Companies House’s on-line registration process. The Presenter must supply Companies House with a valid email address and password as part of this process. Companies House will send a verification email to the email address provided. The verification email contains a link. The Presenter must click on the link to verify the email address and complete the registration process.
- The Presenter can amend his registered email address and/or password by completing the process described on the Service. There is no means to delete the registered email address or password.
- Companies House will retain and use the Service registration data provided by the Presenter to provide that service.
- Any document delivered for filing must be accompanied by the appropriate authentication or presenter code for that document (see the Companies House website or the Registrar’s e-Rules for more details). Presenters can apply for authentication codes using the Service. The code will be sent by post to the registered office or principal business address of the company or body to which it relates.
- At present, the Service can only be used to deliver a limited class of filings to Companies House. Documents that are properly delivered using the Service will be registered on the public register in accordance with Companies House’s usual document acceptance policies. Current information about the classes of filings that can be delivered using the Service is available on https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/help/welcome.